A mousepad is a handy accessory for everyday computer users. The mouse itself allows you to navigate your computer screen quickly and easily.
However, the mousepad is used to move the mouse swiftly without any complication.
If you are a remote worker, work in an office, or any other place where the operation depends heavily on a computer, then you will understand how important mousepads are.
While working, it is almost impossible not to spill water, tea, or some grease on your mousepad. All these tend to reduce the longevity or durability of your mousepad.
That is why you have to clean your mousepad often. In this article, we will learn how to clean the shidenkai mousepad specifically, and mousepads in general.
Can you put your mouse pad in the washing machine?
Frequent gamers and developers understand the essentiality of mousepads. Purchasing a quality mouse pad isn’t enough to keep it safe from abrupt damage. You should also consider cleaning them adequately when dirty. Some factors have to be considered before you determine the best methods to use to clean the mousepad when the need arises. These may include:
- The material of your mousepad. Some materials are easier to clean than others.
- Type of stain: This will help to determine the most suitable cleaning method for your mousepad.
- How often do you use it? How often you use it will also determine the type of method you should use.
Due to their busy schedules, many computer users usually end up confused about what to do when their mousepads become too dirty to use.
Just in case you are too busy to go through the stress of manual cleaning, you can toss it into the washing machine, and it will be ready for use before you know it. However, cleaning the mousepad with a washing machine is a delicate process. So, here are a few guidelines on how to wash your mousepad in the washing machine.
- Put your mouse pad in the washing machine. I always advise frequent gamers or developers to have more than a mousepad. So that when one gets dirty, the other can be used. To clean the mousepad, first off, drop your mouse pad in the washing machine to clean it.
- Use a mild cleaning agent—the kind of soap you use matters a lot if you don’t want to spoil your mousepad. A regular detergent will do the job.
- Set your washing machine. We cannot wash the mousepad like regular cloth. We have to pre-set the washing machine to the right condition of speed, temperature and humidity, etc. to avoid damaging your mousepad. For optimum cleaning, set the temperature of the washing machine to cold, low tumble.
- No hot water. Many people are fond of using hot water to wash. While that may not pose any threat with other items, you should refrain from using hot water while washing your mousepad in the washing machine.
How often should you clean your mousepad?
Many people believe that the cleaning of the mouse pad should be a continuous process. However, you must understand that the materials used to manufacture a mousepad are different from those used for everyday wears. Let us take a look at these three factors in light of this discussion before answering the question stated above.
- Type of fabric
- Current situation
How often you use your mousepad will determine how often you should clean it.
For instance, a game developer, a website developer, or graphics designer who works daily will make use of a mousepad more than a freelance photographer or a school teacher.
So, we don’t need anyone to tell us that the first group of individuals mentioned above need to clean their mousepad more than the latter.
Mouse pads are manufactured with different materials depending on what the manufacturer prefers. Some are made with plastic while some are made with rubber. Those manufactured with plastic can be cleaned frequently by easily wiping with a piece of cloth (more on this later in this article).
Lastly, there are some situations whereby you have no choice but to clean it.
For instance, if you soak your mousepad in some juice or hot tea, you have no option than to wash.
I advise you to restrain from eating while working on your computer.
Ideally, if you don’t eat near your mousepad or sweat heavily on your palms, you can wash every two weeks. I have made it a habit to wash my mousepad at least once in two months.
How do I clean my Shidenkai mousepad?
Shidenkai mouse pads are one of the best mouse pads around. They are sleek in design and efficient in function. It is commonly used by gamers and is usually a little costlier than the other types.
After hours of gaming on your personal computer with Artisan Shidenkai Mousepad, it is normal to notice droplets of sweat all over the mousepad.
This will no doubt reduce the effectiveness and efficiency of the mousepad, causing the mouse cursor to malfunction.
According to the management of Shidenkai, the mousepads should be replaced every three months. Of course, that’s a marketing strategy!
In this section, we will tell you the best and easiest ways to clean your Shidenkai mousepad. Here are a few tips:
- Warm water bath. Start the cleaning by soaking the mousepad in warm water. Do not use hot water to soak. Also, try not to bend the mousepad. Ensure you soak it flatly on water.
- Pour a mild cleaning agent on the dirty or stained surface. Use your hand to stroke the stained area softly.
- After you have successfully removed the dirt from your mousepad, rinse out the soap with lukewarm water.
- Use a towel to remove water from the mousepad. Place the towel on it to soak out the water.
- Then place the mousepad on the towel, lying flatly on a smooth table. Also, ensure that your mousepad is away from the direct sunlight.
- Leave it to dry indoors for about two or three hours.
How do I clean my Razer mousepad?
Razer Goliathus is another incredible type of mousepad that is commonly used by gamers and developers. Let us first talk about what you must not do when cleaning your razer mousepad.
- Do not wash in a washing machine.
- Do not use soap when cleaning.
- Do not use harsh detergent when washing.
- Do not wash under running water.
- Do not use a hard brush.
We have successfully eliminated what we shouldn’t do when trying to clean our razer mousepad. Let us move on to discuss the best way to clean our razer mousepad.
- Use a mild cleaning agent.
- Wash the stained area with a soft brush gently.
- Rinse out the soap with a towel.
- Lay it on a flat surface and leave it to dry.
In this article, we discussed different ways to go about the cleaning of mouse pads, so that they can always remain clean, and still retain their functions.
Learning how to clean your mousepad saves you a lot of money. Instead of changing your mousepad every three months, cleaning helps you retain its usefulness.
With the cleaning guidelines mentioned above, you can see that cleaning a mousepad isn’t so difficult. After carrying out these simple steps, be rest assured that your mousepad will be as clean as new. Ensure that you follow these guidelines judiciously and enjoy your mousepad for the years to come.