Adequate cleaning and total removal of dirt from our home or environment are some of the best ways to stay healthy.
As a nursing mother, it is always advisable to keep our baby’s items clean. One of the most common baby items that are usually overlooked is the pack and play.
Many people neglect the fact that they should always clean every area the baby walks, sleeps, or eats.
The focus of this article is to keep the baby safe by helping the nursing mother to get the right perspective on how to clean, and dry a pack and play.
How do you clean a playpen mat?
Cleaning isn’t a difficult task when you have the right tools at your disposal, and also understands how to clean the item at hand- here, the playpen mat
We have organized this section into steps for better understanding. The steps should serve as guidelines on how to clean a playpen mat.
Step one: Get prepared
Every task has its perfect tools. It is not about the amount of strength you put into it. It would be best if you had the right tools to carry out the job effectively well.
Here are the tools we will need to remove any stain on our playpen mat.
- Brush with soft bristles
- A mild laundry detergent ideal for babies
- A big container or bucket
- Warm water
- A spray bottle
Step two: Make a soapy solution
We are still in the preparation stage. This is stage where we get our cleaning agent ready.
Make a soapy solution by mixing warm water with equal volume of detergent in a bucket. Ensure that the solution is not too concentrated. Then pour the soapy solution into a spray bottle.
Step three: Start with spraying
Our spray bottle is now filled with a soapy solution. Spray every part of the mat faintly and avoid applying too much soap. Excessive use of soap will only soak the mat and damage it.
Step four: Wash
It’s time for thorough washing. Apply light force as you scrub the mat with a brush or sponge. Since the soap is well placed on the mat, scrub properly without leaving anything out. Pay more attention to the edges while doing this.
Step five: Rinse and dry
After scrubbing every surface, and corner of the mat, get some water and rinse the mat gently. No problem if you also wash and scrub with a clean brush. After washing, put the mat out under the morning sun for it to dry. Remember not to leave it in the sun for too long, else its brightness, and color fades off.
How do you clean poop out of a pack and play?
If you haven’t cleaned your kids’ pack and play in a long time, chances are that there is poop or pee hidden somewhere out of eye. But, you love your baby right ?
Then, you have to save some time and wash their pack and play right away to curtail skin infections.
The pack and play is an everyday item and you will be surprised at how dirty your kid’s pack and play will appear when you make up your mind to clean it.
Here is a quick technique on how to clean poop out of a pack and play.
- Fill your tub with hot water. If you can’t use your tub, look for a very large bowl.
- You will need a few supplies which include 1/2 Cup of laundry detergent, ¼ Cup of baking soda and some vinegar. Add them into the hot water.
- Place the mattress of the pack and play in the prepared hot tub and soak it in. The mattress will most likely float. You can place a heavier but harmless substance on it to hold it down into the water.
- After some time, rotate the mattress so other areas can soak and wash.
- You can wash the base with a brush or sponge if it’s made of wood. If it’s not made of wood, you can soak it along with the mattress.
- Rinse after an hour and spread in the sun to dry.
How do you clean a pack n play changing table?
Proper care and maintenance of your baby’s supplies prevent them from getting damaged easily. The changing table of a pack and play should also be cleaned thoroughly. Here are a few tips on how to clean the changing table that comes with a pack and play.
Here, you will need mild soap, warm water, and a clean cloth before you get started.
- First off, mix your soap in warm water. Remember not to use concentrated soap solution, because it might be difficult to rinse off.
- Ensure that the table is not full of sand particles or dirt to avoid causing a mess. Hence, dust the table and carefully remove every dirt from the surface.
- It is not advisable to wash with a washing machine because it can damage the table. Also, please don’t use any bleach because this may cause skin irritation.
- Wash by scrubbing with soap solution and soft brush. After this, you can wipe the seats with a clean cloth.
- Dry for a while in the sun. Don’t let it stay for too long.
As a nursing mother who is working to keep her kid well-fed and safe, ensure that you always clean your kid’s items. This will help them sleep better.
How long does it take a Pack N Play to dry?
As we all know, toddlers are very sensitive, so mothers have to be careful with how their stuff is handled.
According to scientists, the body of newly born babies and toddlers are still in the developing stage. It is advisable to learn a few dos and don’ts to ensure safety.
Washing and cleaning the pack and play of your baby is paramount and essential.
However, you have to pay equal attention to how you dry the pack n play. Let’s take a look at a few tips on how to dry a pack and play:
- The first thing you need to understand is the best way to dry, and how long you need to dry a pack and play.
- Place your pack and play in the sun on a plain surface. Spread it outside properly, separating the mattress from the base.
- Turn and rotate the pack and play at intervals allowing every part to dry properly.
- The amount of time required to dry a pack and play depends on the intensity of the sun. Ensure that it dries well before placing your kid in it.
When it comes to handling kids’ pack and play, it is critical to take the necessary precautions for safety.
In this article, we have discussed in steps the best ways to clean, and dry a pack and play.
We suggest that you take this article as a guideline on how to clean the pack and play, the changing table, and other accessories that come with it.
I hope you learned a few things in this article. Ensure that the baby stays clean and healthy, always!