Jewelry is an essential part of our dressing. It helps groom your outfit, gives you that touch of elegance, and also enhances your physical appearance.
Like any other item you own, you must take proper care of your jewelry so that its sparkling brilliance can remain undiminished, look good on you, and also serve you well.
Although stainless steel jewelry is strong, durable, and rust-resistant, it is still imperative that you clean it regularly to enhance your enjoyment of the jewelry and prevent problems caused by greasy buildup.
Whether you are a professional jewelry cleaner looking for a better way to serve your clients, or a jewelry owner looking for the best way to clean her collections of jewelry, you are bound to find this helpful in some ways.
In this article, we will discuss the best way to clean stainless steel jewelry.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry?
There are different ways to clean stainless steel jewelry. Below are some of the easiest ones that work well.
Using mild soap and water:
This is one of the simplest methods to clean your stainless steel jewelry.
What you need:
Warm water, mild dishwashing soap, two Small bowls, soft lint-free cloth, clean towel.
- Pour some warm water into the two bowls
- Add few drops of mild dishwashing soap into one of the bowls
- Dip a soft, lint-free cloth into the soapy water and gently wipe the stainless steel jewelry with the damp cloth until it’s clean.
- Dip a lint-free cloth into the other bowl of water without soap and use the moist cloth to wipe the remaining soap off the jewelry. Ensure to rub along the grain and not across the jewelry
- Wipe the jewelry with a clean towel and then leave the jewelry to air dry
- Polish the stainless steel jewelry with a jewelry polish (optional )
What you need:
Plain white Toothpaste without silica, soft lint-free cloth, a bowl of clean water, soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Put a small amount of the toothpaste on the soft lint-free cloth
- Gently rub against the grain of the jewelry. Take your time at this, and never rub across the piece.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to wipe any tough stain
- Dip the stainless steel jewelry into a bowl of clean water and rinse thoroughly
- Then, wipe away the water with a dry cloth
- Use jewelry polish (optional)
Ultrasonic jewelry cleaner is used to clean stainless steel jewel devoid of a gemstone. Ultrasonic cleaning is recommended for elaborate designs or stainless steel jewelry with many nooks and crannies because ultrasonic cleaners operate with intense vibrations to get into the spots that a cloth can not reach.
All you need to do is to add a few drops of dishwashing soap to clean water. The amount of time required to clean your jewelry pieces varies from seconds to several minutes.
Stainless steel jewelry cleaner:
If you don’t want to use any of the methods mentioned above to clean your stainless steel jewelry, you can try out this stainless steel jewelry cleaner.
Using baking soda:
- What you need:
Baking soda, bowl and soft-bristled toothbrush.
- In a small bowl, combine two parts baking soda to 1 part water to make a paste
- Dip a soft-bristled toothbrush into the mixture
- Gently scrub your jewelry item with toothbrush + mixture
- Plug sink and rinse jewelry item with warm water
- Pat the jewelry item dry with a soft towel.
- Polish the jewelry item with a jewelry polishing cloth
How do you clean stainless steel jewelry with vinegar?
White vinegar is used to clean all types of metals found in jewelry, including stainless steel. It leaves a brilliant shine, but you can also use it to disinfect and clean any naturally-occurring bacteria deposits left behind in your jewelry.
What you need:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 soft cloth
There are two approachs to use in cleaning with Vinegar.
- You can mix the ingredients in a small bowl and let the jewelry sit in the solution for a few minutes before rinsing and removing the remaining dirt.
- You can combine the solution in a spray bottle and spray it onto a soft cloth. Once the fabric is damp, gently scrub at any dull, lackluster areas, or any sticky residues on your stainless steel jewelry. This will disinfect your jewelry in no time and also provides it with a lovely sparkle.
How do you get stainless steel jewelry to shine?
Here’s how to clean any piece of stainless steel jewelry to make it shine like brand new
- Soak your stainless steel jewelry in a mixture of 1/2 cup white vinegar and two tablespoons baking soda for two to three hours.
- Rinse them under cold water and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
Can you shower with stainless steel jewelry?
Stainless steel jewelry is waterproof and resistant to corrosion. It does not tarnish. so, it is safe to say that you can wear your steel jewelry in the shower.
How do you remove tarnish from stainless steel jewelry?
- Remove the stainless steel jewelry you wish to polish, and place it in a cup of boiling water. Add a spoon of dish soap, let it soak for 10 minutes, to remove the dirt.
- Make the following mix: 1 cup of clean boiled water in a bowl, add a half-ounce of white vinegar. Add a spoon of salt, and a spoon of baking soda. Squeeze half a lemon and mix it.
- Leave your jewelry to soak for 5 minutes.
- Take a soft toothbrush and gently use the paste to polish your stainless steel bracelet.
- Soak in boiled water with a splash of dish soap for five more minutes.
- Use a Q-Tip to rub the tarnish again.
- Dry well with a piece of cloth.
These steps will restore your favorite stainless steel jewelry to a brand, new sparkling condition.
You don’t need to break the bank to get your old stainless steel jewelry looking brand new.
Cleaning your stainless steel jewelry and making it shine as original is not so difficult if you know your way around it.
These are simple, do it yourself techniques that would help you get the job done quickly and correctly