As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The office is a common ground where you receive clients and where employees work to bring in profits. As such, good office cleaning habits must always be kept, and the office space should remain spotless at all times.
Office cleaning is an essential task that must be performed every day. This involves ensuring that every area in the office – be it the restrooms, office rooms, reception, or conference rooms – is always clean and presentable.
The excellence of an in-house cleaner or a cleaning company is often dependent on their office cleaning schedule.
In this article, we will discuss how to craft an effective office cleaning schedule. So, read on as we show you what an office cleaning schedule template should look like.
What is an office cleaning schedule?
An office cleaning schedule template is a list of tasks drafted to guide the daily, monthly, or weekly cleaning routine for an office space.
A commercial cleaning company needs to have a cleaning schedule when given an office cleaning contract because no office is structured the same way.
Some are bigger with more rooms and some, smaller with fewer rooms. That’s to say, for every office cleaning contract you get, you need to draft a new office cleaning schedule.
It will help you know what, when, where, and how to clean without leaving anything out.
Keeping an office cleaning schedule template enables you to easily keep track of what you have done.
However, if you were to ask ten experienced cleaning professionals to create an office cleaning schedule, you may end up with ten different models. So, there is no one way to approach the design of a cleaning template.
The primary purpose of an office cleaning schedule is to guide the cleaning crew on how to clean, where to clean, and when to clean.
Most people organize their schedule into three sections: Daily, Weekly, and Monthly.
Importance of an Office Cleaning Schedule
An employer hiring a cleaning company’s services can also be provided a copy of the office cleaning schedule. This will include everything that needs to be cleaned daily, weekly, and monthly. Let’s take a look at the reason why an office cleaning schedule is necessary.
- It helps the employer keep track of the cleaning tasks performed. You can create your schedule with timing in the form of a checklist. It helps ensure that the work is done as agreed.
- When the office cleaning schedule is in place, your workers know that the office will always be clean.
- An office cleaning schedule breeds proper hygiene amongst your employees. No one will want to throw dirt on the floor, thereby maintaining proper waste disposal in the workplace.
- It helps the cleaning crew understand what needs to be done. While cleaning the office, you can easily check what you have done and what you haven’t done.
- It helps to organize the cleaning crew. If your office cleaning schedule is well laid out, it makes the work easier.
- It helps build a sense of responsibility in the employees.
How to draft an office cleaning schedule template?
An office cleaning schedule template can be written in different ways, as long as the purpose is achieved.
However, before we start discussing how to write an office cleaning schedule, let’s take a look at the features of a good office cleaning template:
- It should be simple
- It should be easy to read.
- It must be understandable.
- It must be straightforward.
- It must be organized.
- It must be detailed.
- It must be achievable
Thus, when writing an office cleaning schedule template, you need to include some specific elements to make it presentable, and easy to understand.
We have provided a step-by-step guide on how to write an office cleaning schedule below:
Step One: Start with a brief introduction
Begin with a short introduction urging everyone to ensure that the office is cleaned at all times. A title should also be placed at the top of the schedule. The title will indicate the purpose of the document.
Step Two: Divide your schedule into sections
The reason for the division is because each room comes with different cleaning tasks. You cannot clean the restroom the same way you will clean the reception. Also, some schedules are divided into three: Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. This is because certain places have to be cleaned every day while others would be okay getting cleaned per week.
Step Three: Outline each cleaning process
Ensure you list out the cleaning process as explicit as possible. Write in simple language for easy understanding. Most people write in bullet points to make it straightforward. Outline the cleaning task for each area in the office per day/week/month. Make sure it doesn’t appear too bulky. Describe the processes as simple as possible.
Step Four: Include a timeline for each task
Each cleaning task should have a duration attached to it. This will ensure that each cleaning activity is done at the right time. While cleaning, discipline is a critical factor. Attaching duration to your cleaning duties will help maintain discipline.
If you are going to draft your cleaning schedule into daily, weekly, and monthly office cleaning, here is a template you can follow:
Daily Office Cleaning
The daily office cleaning schedule template entails activities the cleaning staff performs every day. Daily cleaning tasks are the most important and must not be neglected. They help ensure the office is clean every day.
- Vacuum the floors of every room.
- Wipe all surfaces with a mild disinfectant.
- Get rid of waste and replace the trash bag.
- Clean the door handles, light fixtures, and cabinets with a dry cloth.
- Clean the walls and furniture, removing dirt completely.
- Clean the toilet/bathroom. Mop water off the floors and disinfect every surface.
- Clean the toilet bowl, sink, and all other surfaces in the toilet/bathroom.
Weekly Office Cleaning
The weekly office cleaning template involves activities the cleaning staff performs every week. You cannot afford to carry out these activities during office hours because it might cause a nuisance.
- Clean and disinfect the refrigerator.
- Clean the windows thoroughly.
- Clean the floors with mild soap.
Monthly Office Cleaning
The monthly office cleaning schedule template is a pre-determined and organized list of activities which the cleaning staff performs every month.
- Clean the vents.
- Clean and vacuum the cushion chairs.
- Remove dust from high areas.
- Carry out general deep cleaning of the office.
The goal of drafting an office cleaning schedule template is to ensure that the office is clean at all times. When your company is clean and organized, the client becomes attracted and ready to do business with you. An office cleaning schedule is necessary to maintain a healthy working environment. Use the above information provided as a guideline to draft an effective office cleaning schedule.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.